Saturday, March 28, 2009

Candygram

I was recently diagnosed with stress induced shingles. Because of this illness my usual activities were put on hold until I was no longer contagious. During the few days I was stuck in bed the mother of a very good friend of mine brought me a get well card. She told me that he had made it and then had the family sign, and this act of kindness helped to lift my mood significantly. The candy-gram said, "We came to this life meant (mentos) to suffer but that doesn't mean it doesn't bite. So when you reach a sour patch (sour patch kids) in life and you're tried (trident splash gum) and tested, remember that there are people who you can call (whatchamacallit) on when you need a boost. Get well soon." I kept the poster in my room to remind me that when I need a lift I know who I can call.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment