Sunday, April 5, 2009

After Church

I'm going to preface this by saying that I love my parents dearly and they take very good care of me. With that said this is an experience I probably never will let them forget.
 When I was three years old, my parents forgot me at church. My three sisters and I had all gone to the bathroom before we left the building our congregation met in. When I finished I left the building for the car and was petrified to find that it was not there. By first instinct I turned around to go back into the building but the door was locked. I knew there were other doors so I circled the building trying them as I went. When I finished checking I sat on the curb and realized I was alone, no one else was there. An old woman from across the street heard me crying and came to sit with me. She asked me my name, why I was alone, and where I lived. I pointed her in a direction but who can trust a three year old?  After a few minutes she had distracted me and stopped my tears. It was only ten or so minutes later when my parents returned after realizing they had left me. To this day I remember that old woman, I'm not sure that she still lives there, but she did me a great service by comforting me that day.


-D

No comments:

Post a Comment