Saturday, April 18, 2009

From Aunt Andrea

My Aunt Andrea sent this--

Several years ago, at the tender age of 34, I was diagnosed with mononucleosis.  I have seen teenagers with mono bounce back in no time, but because I was nearing the maximum textbook age for contracting this pesky virus, it hit me with a vengeance.  Even after the acute stage ended, I found that even the lightest activity was exhausting.  At the time, I was a busy home schooling mom and was doing my best to keep up despite my illness.  Many amazing people came to my aid with meals, babysitting, household help and words of encouragement.  I was so grateful for every act of kindness, but there was one in particular that stands out in my mind as being extra special.  One early morning I heard some unusual noises outside on my front porch.. I opened the door and there was one of the busiest women that I knew at the time, a wonderful lady named Peggy Hall.  She was wearing dirty garden gloves, and was holding a small garden trowel in her hands.  To my amazement and delight, my flower beds were full of beautiful purple pansies!  I was overwhelmed by such thoughtfulness. I didn’t even know what to say.  With everything going on in my life at the time, my flower beds had been the least of my concerns!  She told me that she had remembered me mentioning my love for flowers and that she wanted to brighten my day.  Not only did she brighten that day, but also every day since that I have reflected on that happy and treasured memory.    

No comments:

Post a Comment